Eating a healthy diet is important because healthy foods provide your body with the nutrients it needs to survive and thrive. By eating good foods and a healthy diet, our bodies recover quicker, heal, and remain strong.
Following these guidelines will provide you with the tools needed to choosing and maintaining a healthy diet:
- 1 Eat before grocery shopping to be less tempted to buy processed and premade foods.
- 2 Skip the candy aisle and avoid picking up sweets in the checkout line.
- 3 Make a grocery list and meal plan before you go to the grocery store.
- 4 Explore new foods by choosing different fruits and vegetables to try each week.
- 5 Pay attention to portion size, only eating until you feel full.
- 6 Chew slowly and drink a lot of water with your meal to help break down food.
- 7 Add fruits and berries to cereals instead of sugar for sweetness and flavor.
- 8 Opt for fruits to satisfy sweet-tooth cravings instead of candy and baked goods.
- 9 Include plenty of leafy greens on your dinner plate.
- 10 Eat a variety of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats each day.
- Weekly meal plan created.
- Grocery list made before visiting grocery store.